|This page or section has been proposed to be merged into List of Hetalia: Axis Powers Episodes (Discuss)|
| Episode 06|
|Episode #||Episode 06|
|Air Date||February 27, 2009|
|Prev Episode||Episode 05: S.O.S At The Center Of The World!|
|Next Episode||Episode 07|
The sixth episode of Hetalia: Axis Powers was broadcast on February 27, 2009. The episode marks the formal appearance of Austria, outside of the Chibitalia segments.
In the pre-title sequence, the Axis Powers are still stranded on the beach as the Allied Forces continue their surveillance through the binoculars.
Hello, I Am A FreeloaderEdit
In a flashback to when Italy became Germany's ally, Austria displays his anger at Germany's decision by playing Chopin on the piano.
Still stranded, the Axis Powers make the most of the situation by making s'mores. America, feeling that the Axis team is mocking them, decides that the Allies will roast marshmallows by a fire as well.
In this segment, Chibitalia is stepped on as punishment by Austria for not following orders. Later, Chibitalia spies on Austria playing the piano, and is invited to listen.
The Allied Forces roast marshmallows by their campfire, only for America to wind up freaked out by the demonic-sounding campfire song that England sings.
Freeloader Taking ControlEdit
In a flashback, Germany laments at how difficult it is to live around Austria, who scolds him for throwing away a pair of boxers with a hole in them. Claiming that Franz Joseph I would be ashamed of Germany for wasting clothing, Austria sews a patch onto the boxers and makes Germany wear them.
An Unexpected GuestEdit
As Germany wonders what Austria is doing at that moment, Italy rouses from his sleep to point out that Austria has in fact, been with them the whole time, sitting at his piano in the ocean.
- Italy: Daisuke Namikawa
- Germany: Hiroki Yasumoto
- Japan: Hiroki Takahashi
- Austria: Akira Sasanuma
- America: Katsuyuki Konishi
- England/UK: Noriaki Sugiyama
- France: Masaya Onosaka
- China: Yuki Kaida
- Russia: Yasuhiro Takato
- Chibitalia: Aki Kanada
English Dub CastEdit
- Italy: Todd Haberkorn
- Germany: Patrick Seitz
- Japan: Christopher Bevins
- Austria: Chuck Huber
- America: Eric Vale
- Britain: Scott Freeman
- France: J. Michael Tatum
- China: Clarine Harp
- Russia: Jerry Jewell
- Chibitalia: Brina Palencia
- The flashback segments with Austria were originally strips in the Axis Powers arc of the published manga. An additional bit, not included in the episode, involved Austria baking a torte with ingredients from different countries (e.g.: Cinnamon from Vietnam, hazelnuts from Turkey, and fruit from Italy). As expected, the final segment with him in the ocean was an original scene created for the anime.
- The segment with the s'mores is loosely based on a strip from the Power Ranger Allied Forces arc in Hetalia Axis Powers Volume 1: In the strip, America and England spy on the Axis, who are out camping, and decide to make their own campfire and s'mores. Besides the setting being changed to an island, the other three Allies were also added to the scene.
- There was some debate as to whether it was France or England singing the "devil-summoning" campfire song. The answer was finally cleared up in the first episode of the Hetalia web radio show, when Noriaki Sugiyama mentioned recording the song and how the lyrics had to be changed due to copyright issues. The equivalent strip in the manga also shows it to be England who is singing, although it is based on an old French song.
- The Chopin pieces played by Austria on this episode are Nocturne Op. 9 no. 2 and Nocturne Op. 15 no. 1.